Free Hug Yoga

Free Hug Yoga

Monday, May 30, 2011

Justice

Today I assited on Justice project of my daughter in her school. The teens presented wonderfuly their interaction with NGO in Mumbai and their way to see where was injustice, where was or not the role of gouvernement, politics, and all of us, individuals, to help.
Great.
Then came speech. The definition of Justice:

a. The principle of moral rightness; equity.
b. Conformity to moral rightness in action or attitude; righteousness.
 
And I saw suddenly that I m not aligned with our society!. Because my spontaneous question would be: WHO SAYS? Who says what is moral? What is right and what is wrong? What exactely means "righteousness"? 
I know, there are some principles that in all societies were and are the same, as respect of life. But what is right for me, is maybe not right for somebody else...I don t think it was right to kill Bin Laden the way it was done...but it is my perception of right and wrong. I agree with gay marriage, there are many they don t see it as right. I consider alcohol and tabac the drugs on the same level as heroin, but society looks at it as socialy acceptable. Still, I don t really feel I m "right" or "wrong". It is my perception and my projection of my own experiences, fears, likes and dislikes. 
At the end nothing is right or wrong, good or bad. It is...and we learn from it.
I will probably not make a career in any justice system neither in education system. It is ok. 
Oh, actualy, IT IS:)

No comments:

Post a Comment