Free Hug Yoga

Free Hug Yoga

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Self Love Day 1

Yesterday speaking with my "Sister" from India, we decided to work together on our Self Love. Of course that since one and half year I discuss the topic with my yoga teacher and I work on it, but with my friends, with my students and recently with my family I see that it is one quality that is tremendously missing .

It seems from outside that the women suffer more then men, but I dare to say the difference is just that the women show it more and talk eventually about, while men are closed to the subject. It does not mean they don t suffer or they suffer less, at the contrary!

So here we go, for 28 days (I love the number) we will share the ideas and tips for spend the day with our Self and pamper us OUT and IN.

DAY 1:

SPEND TIME
 with your mother. This is where we started our this time journey. This is our point of departure.
You don t have to be physically with her, but it can help:)  Sit quietly, with your spine straight, close your eyes and breath deeply. After while, imagine your mom as a little girl, lost, crying, alone. What would you do? Take her in your arms and hug her for while, to calm her cry and make her safe and loved. Then do exactly same thing with you. See yourself as a little girl, lost and crying. Hug yourself, and give you all Love and Reassurance you can.

FORGIVE.
To yourself, to your mom . The forgiveness is creating space that we can fill with Love. Keeping our grudge is suffocating and the first person to suffer is US. In case you don t feel the need for forgiveness, because your relationship with your mom is outstanding, just skip the FORGIVENESS part and go directly to the next step.:)

SEND LOVE.
 As we created the space for it, more or less, we concentrate on the area of our body where the heart is. (Heart chakra). Feel the warm sensation over there, imagine the door of your heart opening and the love is just pouring out of there to all your body, out of your body, and towards to your mom (and whoever else, but don t forget it is the moment for you and your mother).

LET GO
Now, just let go. See your mom leaving you, with smile, smile to her, wave to her, let her go with Love. You can spend more time with her again and again, how you did today. I always see her like going on the boat, it is beautiful weather, we smile and we let us go mutually. It let the space, and it keeps Love.


It looks like piece of cake, it is not always true. I m spending my second week with my mom, and it is big deal for us, as we did not talk for 9 years in the past and our relationship start to get "warmer" only thanks to yoga and the teaching of my teacher 2 years ago.

Observing my mom in difficult environment, out of her comfort zone, coming with me to Dublin, our new city, and trying so much to help me, that it becomes irritating by moment, I understood that she is just lacking Self Love and Self esteem. Her Fear and Guilt being bad mother are just mine Fear and Guilt  of being bad mother and my daughter is the mirror to my fear as much as I m mirror probably to my mom...there is pattern, and somebody has to break it down in order to HEAL US. If I can forgive my mom, I can forgive to myself, and if I can forgive myself, I can start to love myself! Wow:)

So, what is your pattern? What is your Fear and Guilt? Is your mom involved somehow?

I wish you wonderful Day 1...and a load of Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment